Come join us. You need not have a transfer station sticker or be a Chatham resident to recycle on Saturday, May 19th, 10am-2pm.
There will be educational displays, free giveaways, and fun for all!
Textile/ Garment Recycling – there is a new bin at the Transfer Station. This accepts all clean and dry textiles. And when we say all, we mean all – single socks, stained t-shirts, ripped jeans, shoes the dog chewed, sheets, towels, hats, scarves, gloves, holey rags, undergarments – seriously! The items can be damaged as long as they are clean and dry.
All things electronic are accepted. On Recyclefest day, TVs and computer monitors can be disposed of for $5 each (regularly $15). Keep these harmful materials out of the SEMASS incinerator and recycle them in a safe way.
Other items to be collected at the event include: • Blankets, towels and linens- donated to the Lower Cape Outreach Council and the Brewster Animal Rescue League,
• Cell Phones- given to Cell Phones for Soldiers, provides calling cards to our troops with the proceeds of the sale of the cell phones,
• Crayons - for Crazy Crayons are melted into new crayons.
• Hearing Aids/ Glasses- Donated to New Eyes for the Needy
• Mercury Thermostats and Thermometers- Exchange them for a free digital replacement
• Boat Plastic – uncovering your boat for the season? Be sure to bring the shrink wrap for recycling to the Transfer Station.
• Swap Shop – the swap shop will be open
Items NOT recyclable: Styrofoam, motor oil containers, plastic bags, window glass, ceramics, pyrex, mirrors – ask the attendant about appropriate disposal location.