Encountering Art: A Workshop for Artists & Writers
Artists and writers! Take a deeper dive into our Gallery exhibits with Kim and Mary in this exciting workshop! Running roughly every six weeks in conjunction with each new Gallery installation, Encountering Art invites students to come and explore the current exhibit, then participate in a curated in-depth discussion of a single work. Artists will then sketch in response to the work with Mary, and writers will write in response with Kim.
All participants are encouraged to share and discuss their work over a brown bag lunch afterward in the Lower Gallery. Sign up for all eight in the series or try it out as a drop-in. Bring a sketchbook or notebook/laptop, and a brown-bag lunch. Class starts at 10:30, but students are encouraged to come early when the Gallery opens at 10 to experience all work in the show.
• Jan 22 Winter Art: Heroes & Villains
• Mar 4 Teaching Faculty Show, Karen LaFleur, Virginia Mahoney
• Apr 8 Lisa Goren, Juried Show
• May 27 Kirk Marsh, Jane Lincoln, Cecilia Chapman
• July 8 Alan Soffer, Juried Show
• Aug 26 Maggie Van Sciver, "Touch This"
• Oct 7 Jamie Elkins, Lois Hirshberg, Neil Grant
• Dec 2 Member Show
non-member: $240; member: $204; drop-in/single workshop: $35
10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Cotuit Center for the Arts, 4404 Falmouth Rd, Cotuit MA
Box Office: 508-428-0669
For more information, visit